BIOS flash ROM

daggio

BIOS flash ROM

Post by daggio »

Please anyone could help me to recover BIOS flash ROM for Pocket PC W5 Pro (T5 Z8350)?

After plugin AC to device fan start to blow and blue LED light, but have no image. It's happen after updating bios from that post https://minipcunion.com/viewtopic.php?p=1071#p1071

At the end of update device rebooted and got this problem. Before updating device works fine.
Last edited by daggio on Sun Jul 14, 2024 3:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: BIOS flash ROM

Post by Gabe »

Being that you have taken the unit apart and have access to the board, I would try a BIOS discharge. I don't know if it's going to help, but it's worth a try. To do so, disconnect the CMOS battery from the unit. If it's like most other units, it will just be a plug. Once it's disconnected, take some kind of piece of metal, whether a wire or tweezers or whatever, and short the two poles on the system board inside the socket the battery plugged into. IOW, use the metal in such a way that touches both at the same time, to make them as if they're connected to each other. Do this for at least ten seconds, then reconnect the CMOS battery and then your other needed peripherals (power, monitor, keyboard, mouse), and then try starting the unit to see if it works. What this does is reset everything in the BIOS to their default settings. Again, I don't know if this will help, but it may.

Before reading further, if after the above attempt it still doesn't boot properly, but it DOES boot into the main BIOS screen, get a picture of that main BIOS screen, as it might be helpful.

If the above attempt does not help, I would contact barry777, a tech for the company, at barry@minipcunion.com. If you were able to get a snapshot of the main BIOS screen, I would include that in the email, along with your other two snapshots.

Hopefully the unit isn't bricked.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10 • AK2 Pro
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
daggio

Post by daggio »

The battery is soldered on board. I've soldered it out and close contatcs with tweezers for 10 sec or above, but it had no effect. Still have no image. So i soldered it back.

There is a small reset button on board, but few tries to hold it for 10 sec or above had no effect too except that led light change to red while holding button.

Thank you for your patience and advice!
Last edited by daggio on Sat Jun 22, 2024 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

daggio wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2024 11:32 pm The battery is soldered on board.
Oh wow. That's interesting. I wonder if my T6 Pro stick PC is like that.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10 • AK2 Pro
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member

Return to “Z8350(T5)”