How to turn on AK1? Black screen

Quick Fix.
Dredlox

How to turn on AK1? Black screen

Post by Dredlox »

Hello friend, I just purchased AcePC AK1 8gb MiniPC. When I plug it in and power it on, the PC shows a blue light but the monitor says there is no signal.

I tried 2 different monitors and 3 different HDMI cables. I have tested monitors and cables with another computer and they all work.

I tried connecting hdmi to left port and it does not work. I tried connecting to right port and it still doesn't work.

How do I turn on the display please. I paid a lot of money for this computer and I need it to work.

Thank you for your help!

Ian
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: How to turn on AK1? Black screen

Post by Gabe »

Dredlox,

You might try to discharge the CMOS in the unit. To do so, open the unit and disconnect the battery from the board. The battery is the yellow disk with the two wires attached to it, and the other end of the wire has a white clip on it. That clip is what you disconnect from the system board. I don't know how long to leave it disconnected. Maybe an hour or two? Then reconnect it, reassemble the unit, then try again.

Doing this should set everything in the BIOS back to factory default, which will hopefully help.

The following post has pictures, though my internet is too awful to load them quickly to see what they show. Hopefully they give detail on what the battery and its clip looks like.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=278
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10 • AK2 Pro
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: How to turn on AK1? Black screen

Post by admin »

You can try to switch the signal source.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.

Return to “Troubleshooting”