AK3 Auto Power On troubles

Quick Fix.
Menion

AK3 Auto Power On troubles

Post by Menion »

Hi

I have bought the AK3 version with 6Gb of RAM.
I have enabled Power On mode from S5 state, but it is not working reailable.

Some time it takes up to one minute to power on, sometime just does not power on at all.

Is there any updated BIOS to fix it?
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: AK3 Auto Power On troubles

Post by admin »

What kind of automatic power-on setting are you using? Please take a photo in the BIOS settings and upload them to the forum as an attachment.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
Menion

Post by Menion »

Check out this image, the option is the selected one, default is "Power Off", I have set it to "Power On"

Also check the ACPI BIOS Error I get in Ubuntu, symptoms that the BIOS is buggy

Menion

Post by Menion »

Hi, I have replied with link to the image but the post has not been approved yet
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

1. Hello, automatic startup means that the machine is automatically turned on after power on. You need to confirm that the machine is in a power-off state. When you power on the machine, you do not need to press the power button to start the MINI PC. Shut down, the startup command cannot be executed.
2. We mainly do system functions such as windows.linux, and we cannot provide technical support. Or you can purchase paid customized services, which will impose a limit on the number of orders.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

Just in case, and to allay any possible confusion, I believe the auto power on setting is for when the unit loses power, like if you lose power to your home or the unit is accidentally unplugged while it's running, not for when it's shut down in the normal manner or goes into hibernation. This way, when the power is restored, the unit automatically starts back up.

However, if the unit is being used as headless (without a monitor), I think you may need a dummy plug for the HDMI to trick the unit into thinking a monitor is connected, though I'm not 100% sure on this particular aspect.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10 • AK2 Pro
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
Menion

Post by Menion »

No, wait. It works but not all the time, especially if power is applied after few seconds from the power outage.
I think it is because of poor hardware design
Menion

Post by Menion »

admin wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:40 am 1. Hello, automatic startup means that the machine is automatically turned on after power on. You need to confirm that the machine is in a power-off state. When you power on the machine, you do not need to press the power button to start the MINI PC. Shut down, the startup command cannot be executed.
2. We mainly do system functions such as windows.linux, and we cannot provide technical support. Or you can purchase paid customized services, which will impose a limit on the number of orders.
Wait, this is an Intel PC, it must work with Windows, Linux, freeBSD...

I am not asking support, I am reporting that the ACPI implementation in BIOS is buggy
Also the fan apparently does not work. Even if with CPU at 80° the fan does not start. I see other post for AK1 where apparently it is required to load something with EFI, can you please explain this?
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Menion wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:59 am No, wait. It works but not all the time, especially if power is applied after few seconds from the power outage.
I think it is because of poor hardware design
"Especially when the power is turned on again after a few seconds of power failure." This is a very normal situation, but you did not describe the situation afterwards. This is the problem. When the power is turned on again after a few seconds, you encounter If you have any questions, please send them to me in the form of a video for review. This will be very helpful to solve the problem. I believe in the quality of our products, so we will solve your problem.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Menion wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:01 am
admin wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:40 am 1. Hello, automatic startup means that the machine is automatically turned on after power on. You need to confirm that the machine is in a power-off state. When you power on the machine, you do not need to press the power button to start the MINI PC. Shut down, the startup command cannot be executed.
Wait, this is an Intel PC, it must work with Windows, Linux, freeBSD...

I am not asking support, I am reporting that the ACPI implementation in BIOS is buggy
Also the fan apparently does not work. Even if with CPU at 80° the fan does not start. I see other post for AK1 where apparently it is required to load something with EFI, can you please explain this?
You can use Windows, Linux, freeBSD and other systems, but you need to have enough professional knowledge, because we can not provide support other than WINDOWS system, Linux system includes too many subsystems, we can not confirm your problem.

Return to “Troubleshooting”