T6 GPO

Quick Fix.
Villi

T6 GPO

Post by Villi »

Hi,

Can someone tell me how to disable the default gpo from my brand new T6 ?
Because i want to control my Window Update parameters.
;)

Thanks
Attachments
T6_Windows_Update_GPO
T6_Windows_Update_GPO
6B97DE50-3C86-4BD0-A2F5-F2BAC5C127EC.jpeg (367.31 KiB) Viewed 2404 times
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: T6 GPO

Post by admin »

This is the tutorial to open the automatic update:
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
Villi

Post by Villi »

Hi,
Sorry, but it doesn't work, i still have GPO.
Still message : "your organization manages certain parameters"
Thanks for your help,
Regards,
William
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The guiding direction in the tutorial is manual update. The advantage of manual update is that you can control the update time of the system yourself. During automatic update, Microsoft will not consider your work and will suddenly enter the update state. This is the setting to open the automatic update:
update.png
update.png (52.37 KiB) Viewed 2381 times
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

Villi,

I don't know if this is what you're looking for, but if your T6 has the Pro version of Windows 10, you can change the Group Policy settings.

Open the Group Policy Editor by bringing up the Run box and entering gpedit.msc, then click Okay, or type gpedit into Search and click "Edit Group Policy".

In the Editor, navigate to: Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Update. Double click Configure Automatic Updates. Here, you can tick "Disabled", then click Apply.

If you want to control the updates, and if it's not already Enabled, tick Enabled, then click Apply. Then change it to the option you want, and click Apply.

I use option #2 - Notify for download and auto install, as I have limited data with my internet, so I have to control how much I use. This way the system lets me know if updates are available, but it doesn't start downloading and installing them until I tell it to do so.

Hope this helps. 🙂
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10 • AK2 Pro
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member

Return to “Troubleshooting”