GK mith 8GB or more RAM

Quick Fix.
silderan

GK mith 8GB or more RAM

Post by silderan »

Hello.

I'm a AK1 owner. Impressive device at the time I'd get it.
Lately, seems to me that 4GB RAM is too low for new W10 updates. Ussing Chrome, it's even worst.
Now I'm looking for a new MiniPC

I cannot find any GK2 information anywhere. GK1 is only 4GB.
Ak2 is sold with 6 or 8GB, So I thought that GK2 will do the same. But here viewtopic.php?f=31&t=247 you said that the difference between GK1 and GK2 is only the appearance.

Can you give me more info about GK2 if it will arrive some day and the specs?

Thank you!
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: GK mith 8GB or more RAM

Post by admin »

Hi, you can select the memory size in the Amazon product details page. Currently we provide 4GB-8GB memory sizes for you to choose.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
silderan

Post by silderan »

You're damn right.

I swear cannot find it via Amazon's internal search engine. Neither similar products... as it did'nt exists.

Via google's: first hit.
Amazon's search engine didn't found it because there is no reference to "GK1". this is a GK3. (And I didn't see any GK3 product in your web)

This other one is referenced as AK3.
But uses J4125 CPU. So, actually is Gemini Lake (GK).

All this mess is a inconvenient because customers get confused and heads to another product

Anyway, thankyou and sorry to bother you.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

AK3 is also our product, you can buy it with confidence.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

silderan,

Take a look here.

Though in the description it's referred to as an "AK1" or "AK1 Plus" (it's hard to tell which), it has the same specs as the current GK1, as in the much newer J4125 process and m.2 NVME storage capability, but with 8GB of RAM and 120GB of onboard storage. i.e. it may be what you're looking for.

Hope this helps. 🙂

P.S. I got an AK3 last month and love it, but between the two I would personally choose the one in the link above due to liking the case design more than that of the AK3. I feel the airflow is better in the AK1/GK1 case and I like the add on HDD/SSD carriage, and that it's on the bottom. The case design and manner of connecting an add on HDD/SSD are the only differences between the two, as my AK3 has the J4125 CPU, 8GB of RAM and 120GB of onboard storage, just like the one in the link above.

For reference it would be the same with the AK2/GK2. I would still prefer the case of the AK1/GK1 over those, and for the same reasons.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10 • AK2 Pro
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
silderan

Post by silderan »

Thanks Gabe.

I felt in love too some years ago when I first buy the AK1. It was awesome. Nowadays, there are some other vendors with the same specs. Maye the "details", such as noise and case qualities are not the same.

It's a very good point what you say about better air flow in AK case. I'll search for this in Europe because:

"This item cannot be shipped to your selected delivery location. Please choose a different delivery location." Dammit! Haha
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

silderan wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:15 pm "This item cannot be shipped to your selected delivery location. Please choose a different delivery location." Dammit! Haha
It figures. 🙁

Don't get me wrong, I like the AK3. I don't use it all the time, as I still have a regular desktop PC, but I do occasionally switch it up and I've been using the AK3 for the last three days. The mini PCs I have are more for a hobby than anything else, and mostly out of fascination with them being able to make a fully functioning PC so small, minus optical drives, of course. I also have a Wintel 8 Pro (T8), but I rarely use that as it's so slow when compared to the GK1, AK3 and my normal desktop. But it's SOOOO tiny! LOL. And that they all came with Windows 10 Pro? Pretty neat. The Wintel 8 Pro was the first mini PC I got, though I did already have a Raspberry Pi that I use for retro gaming.

The one thing I haven't yet been able to do, and it's because I don't have the monitor or TV to do so, is watch something in 4K with the AK3.

ACEPC1.jpg
ACEPC1.jpg (255.08 KiB) Viewed 4223 times
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10 • AK2 Pro
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

silderan wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:15 pm Thanks Gabe.

I felt in love too some years ago when I first buy the AK1. It was awesome. Nowadays, there are some other vendors with the same specs. Maye the "details", such as noise and case qualities are not the same.

It's a very good point what you say about better air flow in AK case. I'll search for this in Europe because:

"This item cannot be shipped to your selected delivery location. Please choose a different delivery location." Dammit! Haha
Sorry to please you, here is the link to GK3:

Return to “Troubleshooting”