S1 (N97) - CPU load not updating & two Win32/Wacatac trojans

mini PC with display!
MD..Sign

S1 (N97) - CPU load not updating & two Win32/Wacatac trojans

Post by MD..Sign »

Hello :)

Today I've received a copy of the S1 with N97 cpu - 16gb ram - 512 gb nvme and was very pleased at first. Nifty little thing! 8-)

But after a closer look it turned out, that there are some minor and major problems... :(

The cpu load value is stuck to 1% and does not update on the lcd screen. It doesn't matter, which screen I choose. That's not cool... :cry: All other values seem to be a bit behind, but mostly correct. Could this be an issue with the N97 over the N95 cpu? How can this be solved :?:

What's also not cool:

LedControl.lnk (on desktop) and LedControl.exe (v. 1.0.1.3 - located under C:/Windows/OEM/CYX_TftTool/) have been recognised by Windows defender as high risk "program" Win32/Wacapew.C!ml - Virustotal agrees in 27 of 72 cases with malicious, malware, trojan, backdoor etc.

ENDEV.exe (v. 1.0.0.0 - located under C:/Windows/OsVer/) is recognised as severe Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.B!ml - Virustotal agrees in 51 of 72 cases with malicious, malware, trojan, backdoor etc.

New version of LedControl (v. 1.0.2.0) seems to be trojan-free - deleting the old and replacing the new file fixes the first trojan problem for now. But what is ENDEV.exe :?:

Hope someone can help - so far I would be reluctant to send the thing back...

Thanks in advance
Maik
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: S1 (N97) - CPU load not updating & two Win32/Wacatac trojans

Post by Gabe »

AFAIK, they're actually working on both the 1% thing and the problem of AVs flagging the LED and LCD programs.

I would contact barry, a tech for the company, at barry@minipcunion.com about the problems. Your info may help them in resolving the issues, both for yours and for others.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10 • AK2 Pro
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
MD..Sign

Post by MD..Sign »

Thanks for the quick reply - I didn't realise that the 1% issue was already known and thought that so far only the Trojan problem of the LedControl program had been discussed. The fact that the ENDEV.exe could also be infected (I'll be quite diplomatic here) hasn't been discussed yet, has it?

I had hoped that @barry777 would also notice this thread here and be able to offer appropriate solutions that would then be directly available to the public. But of course I can also contact him by e-mail or use the after-sales hotline... ;) Maybe I'll wait a little longer before taking these steps - perhaps there will be a statement from Barry here soon.

In any case, thanks for the information that all the problems are probably already being taken care of. Nevertheless, the whole thing is a pretty bad first impression of Acemagic for me and leaves a rather bad aftertaste with the mini-pcs from china... :?
alamperti

Post by alamperti »

Hi: as per the CPU load stuck at 1% issue just a hint, maybe can help Barry and the Dev Team.

I've noticed that doesn't happen when using English US language. After re-imaging my S1 with the provided installation files, selecting Italian language, 1% stuck. Re-imaging once more and selecting English US language, it work as it should. Maybe it's a language dependent issue.

Cheers.
T8 Pro (N5095) / T8 Plus (N95) / S1 (N95)
barry777

Post by barry777 »

alamperti wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 7:03 pm Hi: as per the CPU load stuck at 1% issue just a hint, maybe can help Barry and the Dev Team.

I've noticed that doesn't happen when using English US language. After re-imaging my S1 with the provided installation files, selecting Italian language, 1% stuck. Re-imaging once more and selecting English US language, it work as it should. Maybe it's a language dependent issue.

Cheers.
Thank you very much for the information, we are looking into this issue.

Return to “New Model S1”