Perfect for Remote Work - Supports Dual Monitors

You can post ACEPC forum feedback and forum-related problems.
Good suggestion will be always welcomed and rewarded.
Ian

Perfect for Remote Work - Supports Dual Monitors

Post by Ian »

8.26.png
8.26.png (524.39 KiB) Viewed 1476 times
:arrow: This is a great little machine for a Remote work setup, so long as you have the necessary peripherals. I already had a keyboard (unfortunately PS2, needed a USB adapter), mouse, USB headset and two monitors with VGA & HDMI. I also crafted a USB fan from an old USB cable and computer fan that dangles down on the mini-pc and adds some active cooling. With all this stuff it has functioned well as a home office PC. I've even streamed shows/movies fairly well and downloaded as easy as with a dedicated laptop/desktop. The max CPU temp I've seen is 83deg C, but that isn't usually sustained unless heavily loaded.

:arrow: In terms of specs, you can see the specs on the screenshots attached. It uses a quad core tablet CPU and built in 64gb ssd. There is a 2.5" drive bay for additional storage. I've tried a 1tb HDD which works for storage but I think this PC would be better served by an SSD. SSDs are just that much faster in 64bit with the higher bus speeds and Windows doesn't have to manage the HDD (i.e. with defragmentation).

:idea: The major bonus of this mini-pc is the Windows 10 license. Windows itself is over $100 just for the Home version, yet this comes with the Pro version! For new program compatibility this is awesome. I run Linux on my laptop and it sure is speedy but nothing compares to program compatibility with Windows/MacOS.

:!: All in all, I would recommend this PC, if you can't afford a new desktop right now. I can't imagine it would be great for gaming, but for everything else it is a respectable little machine!

Return to “Forum Feedback”