Is the WiFi adapter accessible / replaceable in the S1?

mini PC with display!
hsehestedt

Is the WiFi adapter accessible / replaceable in the S1?

Post by hsehestedt »

Placed an order for one of these today, expecting delivery tomorrow (Wednesday). In the meantime, just out of curiosity, is the WiFi adapter readily accessible in this unit? From the pictures I have seen so far this does not appear to be the case, but still curious to know.

Re: Is the WiFi adapter accessible / replaceable in the S1?

Post by Guest »

After entering the system according to the prompts, you can search for and connect to WiFi for use; the WiFi module is integrated on the motherboard and cannot be replaced.
hsehestedt

Post by hsehestedt »

I appreciate the response. That's a little bit of a shame as I'm purely WiFi 6e at home, getting ready to start moving to WiFi 7 (draft) within the next month or two, but at least now I know.

Thanks again!
barry777

Post by barry777 »

You can use WiFi6 or WiFi6e USB network card, such as: NETGEAR Nighthawk WiFi 6 or 6E USB 3.0 Adapter (A8000) - AXE3000 Tri-Band Wireless Gigabit Speed (Up to 3Gbps) - New 6GHz Band – Works with Any Router Or Mesh System - for Windows PC
hsehestedt

Post by hsehestedt »

Yeah, I'm aware of that, but it's just nice when built into the system. I tried several such USB adapters, never had a problem with previous generation WiFi adapters but every one of the WiFi 6 adapters I tried were horrific. After research it turned out that this was a result of a fundamentally flawed Realtek chipset. Hopefully the Netgear is better :-)

Return to “New Model S1”