Can not connect using Remote Desktop

Quick Fix.
ranger9913

Can not connect using Remote Desktop

Post by ranger9913 »

Hello,

I cannot get Remote Desktop Connection to work with my AK1's. I've turned off the firewall, allowed remote connections, I know the username and password, etc. My Microsoft Remote Desktop app never gets past Negotiating Credentials. I have serval other brand PCs that I'm successful with.

None of the PCs are joined to a domain. Any help with this would be appreciated.
JonMcG

Re: Can not connect using Remote Desktop

Post by JonMcG »

My small knowledge of RDP says it will not work with the home version of Windows. the suggestion is you need "RDP Wrapper" to get home to work if you have home version of windows. As an alternative you could try UVNC which I use quite a lot.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Can not connect using Remote Desktop

Post by admin »

First of all, if you don't know the version number of your windows, you can check it in "Control Panel>System and Security>System". Next, we click "Remote Settings" and a dialog box as shown in the figure pops up. As shown:
1.jpg
1.jpg (57.19 KiB) Viewed 1469 times
Check "Allow remote assistance to link this computer" in the dialog box.

Firewall settings:
Enter the "win+X" key combination and select "Control Panel". Open the control panel. Click "System Security".
Click "Allow applications through windows firewall" to enter the interface as shown in the figure, and click to change settings to enter the editing state:
2.1.jpg
2.1.jpg (67.48 KiB) Viewed 1469 times
2.2.jpg
2.2.jpg (59.8 KiB) Viewed 1469 times
Check the three options as shown in the figure. And click OK.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.

Return to “Troubleshooting”