Acepc AK2 with upgrade SSD info

You can post ACEPC forum feedback and forum-related problems.
Good suggestion will be always welcomed and rewarded.
cristalain

Acepc AK2 with upgrade SSD info

Post by cristalain »

Hi! I am a new member on your forum and I have an Acepc AK2. I added a new 512Gb SSD and I clone my hard disk C on my new SSD and I want to run the system windons by the BIOS on my new SSD . Can you inform me how to proceed please!
Attachments
20200818_100120.jpg
20200818_100120.jpg (4.26 MiB) Viewed 5022 times
20200818_090317.jpg
20200818_090317.jpg (2.58 MiB) Viewed 5022 times
20200818_092839.jpg
20200818_092839.jpg (3.67 MiB) Viewed 5022 times
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: Acepc AK2 with upgrade SSD info

Post by Gabe »

Deleted info, as it was incorrect.

Gabe
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10 • AK2 Pro
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

This is the tutorial we made:
If you have completed the previous work, you can start watching directly from 8 minutes.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
cristalain

Post by cristalain »

Hi!
Hello! I did what you advise me but it didn't work look at the attachments
Attachments
20200820_124132.jpg
20200820_124132.jpg (2.96 MiB) Viewed 5012 times
20200820_124355.jpg
20200820_124355.jpg (2.52 MiB) Viewed 5012 times
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

cristalain,

I apologize. It has been a while since I installed the SSD in my GK1. It turns out that, at least for me, it was the newly created Windows Boot Manager that I boot to first, as seen in the picture below, not the drive itself.

With this said, I used MiniTool Partition Wizard to clone the system drive, so the method I used is different than what ACEPC recommends. However, I recommend using the method ACEPC advises and is shown in the video the admin provided.

On a side note, if you post any further pictures, I'd be grateful if you could reduce their size. I'm on a limited internet (satellite, it's all I can get here), and the large picture sizes take a while to load (about 10-15 minutes for all on this page). You can use Microsoft Paint to reduce the size, and the end result will still be perfectly viewable. In the following picture, the original file size was 1.89MB, but by using Paint and Resizing it to 25% of what it was, it's now 232KB. You don't have to do this, of course, but there may be other people out there like me who have a difficult time with larger pictures. Thanks. :)

Again, sorry for the misinformation. Hopefully by using the video instructions you'll be able to get your SSD set to the system drive. When you do, you'll find the system a good bit more responsive than when using the on board storage. :)
100_0029.jpg
100_0029.jpg (232.39 KiB) Viewed 5008 times
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10 • AK2 Pro
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Your operation method is wrong, please follow the steps in the tutorial.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
cristalain

Post by cristalain »

Thanks for your help but it's too complicated
to do as the tutorial for me if you can send it in other simpler ways in the future it will be very appreciated
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

cristalain,

See edit at end first...

Though I won't say that you should use this method, as I don't want to go against the official word from ACEPC, I used MiniTool Partition Wizard and instructions on the following website.

https://www.partitionwizard.com/help/mi ... sd-hd.html

I used option A, titled "I would like to replace my system disk with another disk." This way it clones all partitions, not just the "required ones".

I also did NOT choose "Align partitions to 1MB", but I don't think doing so would hurt the process.

Then, after the clone was complete, I went into the BIOS and changed the boot order to what I showed in the previous pic, as in the Windows Boot Manager, but the one on the newly cloned SSD.

Afterwards, while booted to the new drive and in Windows, I removed the drive letters from the old, on board storage partitions that were still showing in File Explorer/My PC. This way it hid those old partitions, including the original C drive. Just make sure you don't remove the drive letters from the drive (SSD) you're now using.

And, of course, if you decide to do this, it's always a good idea to backup the system to an external drive before doing so in case anything goes wrong. I use the onboard system imaging program.

Hope this helps.

Edit: It would appear that the current version of MiniTool has removed the ability to copy/clone system drives from the free version of their software. I apologize if you tried this method and ended up wasting your time. 😢

Version 11.5, however, does still have this ability. You can get it here...

https://minitool-partition-recovery.en. ... s/versions

Downloading version 11.5, which you'll be able to see by the file size is the full version, also ensures that it doesn't download anything on installation, like the new version, which installing version 11.6 might do. So, again, version 11.5 is the one to use.

It got to a point where it gave me the option to restart the computer so it could finish, and I did so. I remember I had to do so with my GK1, as well. After everything was finished and I restarted the system to make sure everything was good, I then restarted and entered the BIOS, changing the first boot device to the new Windows Boot Manager for the SSD.

I am now running my AK3 from my 250GB Samsung SSD. I only had to remove one drive letter (changed to NONE), which was the 330MB partition on Disk 1 in the following pic. Disk 1, which is in yellow in the pic, is the SSD. I had remove the drive letter using Partition Wizard as well, as I that drive wasn't showing in Disk Management to be able to remove the letter. You can see in the second pic that my C drive is now my SSD. The third pic is the benchmark of my new system drive. 😊😊😊

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (126.89 KiB) Viewed 4976 times
Capture1.JPG
Capture1.JPG (25.25 KiB) Viewed 4976 times
Capture2.JPG
Capture2.JPG (51.36 KiB) Viewed 4976 times
cristalain

Post by cristalain »

Thank you very much for your help but I followed in detail your info but it did not work because on the BIOS I do not see my disk A and B so I prefer not to execute the procedure I believe that the BIOS does not allow me.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

cristalain,

That's unfortunate. If you have any way of connecting the cloned SSD to a Windows computer externally, such as with a USB to SATA cable, or a USB external hard drive enclosure, I would use MiniTool just to check that the drive has at least four partitions. You could actually even add it to a desktop, internally, just to check it. It should have the four partitions like shown in the yellow part (Disk1) of my picture (the grayed disk in the upper part), and any others you created afterward on your AK2 and cloned as well. I'm not positive, but I believe that the Windows Boot Manager is located in either the Reserved (16MB) or the EFI System (330.44MB) partition. If one of them is missing, this may be the problem.

It would also be a good idea to ensure that the cloned disk is using the GPT partitioning structure and not MBR. Chances are it is, as it would have been cloned from a GPT disk (on the AK2), but it wouldn't hurt just to check.

Whatever the case, I hope you can eventually figure out what's going on and get it to work.

Good luck. Sorry it's been such a pain. I know how frustrating it can be getting something to work that should just work.

Return to “Forum Feedback”