HELP! W8 Pro BIOS Failure

Quick Fix.
kacc_123

Re: HELP! W8 Pro BIOS Failure

Post by kacc_123 »

1. Thanks. That would be perfect. Really a good news for us Mini PC fans.

2. Actually I have done some research from a blogger who teardowned a W8 Pro (https://airwebreathe.org.uk/doku.php?id ... xperiments), and I found out that:

a) The ethernet and the WIFI/Bluetooth controllers are all provided by Realtek, which is well known for their support of older operating systems like Windows 7. I also have found their drivers available online.

b) Intel also provides Graphic driver and USB 3.0 driver for Atom Z8350 on Windows 7.

c) As for the audio chip, Everest ES8316, I have sent email to Everest (顺芯) to ask for a Win7 x64 driver.

Hence, I think I have the ability to twist the W8 Pro to run Windows 7.

Is it possible that you provide me a BIOS rom with CSM (legacy boot) support? This is essential to make the BIOS (UEFI) allow to run Windows 7.
Or if you don't have such kind of rom, could you please provide me a rom with all settings open to me? The current BIOS only has so limited options to adjust.
kacc_123

Post by kacc_123 »

Never mind my last message. I found a way much better solution for my Mini PC. I won't plan to use Windows 7 anymore.
I choose to use Windows Embedded version now, which indeed is "Windows Embedded 8.1 Industry Pro" . :lol:

It's an official trimmed version of Windows 8.1 by Microsoft that only costs around 495 MB RAM and 6.8 GB disk space. This is naturally fitted to the W8 Pro Mini PC which only has 2 GB RAM and 32 GB disk space (In contrast, Windows 10 would typically cost 1 GB of Ram and 15 GB disk space).

The official evaluation version of Windows Embedded 8.1 Industry Pro can be obtained from Microsoft website:

Code: Select all

[url]https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=40745[/url]
I am glad to share this exciting discovery with everyone who suffers from RAM shortage.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks for sharing.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
kacc_123

Post by kacc_123 »

HELP! I got my CH341a programmer today and I flashed the BIOS file you shared with me into the Mini PC BIOS chip (Winbond 25Q64FWSIG).
I am sure that it flashed successful because when I read the flashed chip, its content was identical to the BIOS rom file (CRC-32 check).

When I turned the power on, the LED kept blinking (0.2 second Red and 0.5 second blue, 0.2 second Red and 0.5 second blue and so on...)
There is no video signal output.

I then tried the 2017 version of T8 BIOS in the forum and got the same result.
It just cannot boot up.

I remember the date of the original BIOS of my Mini PC is 2019/08/29. The date of the BIOS file you shared with me is 2019/08/30.
I think I might need to install the exact original version of BIOS since both the two BIOS versions I downloaded from here don't work.

Do you think the blinking LED means BIOS error? How should I do?
If you agree with my judgement, could you please provide me the 2019/08/29 version of T8 (W8 Pro)?

Some in-depth information painted on the mother board:
1) T8U_V1.1
2) 2018.12.07
3) Winbond 25Q64FWSIG

Thanks in advance!
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

An error occurred on the motherboard, causing the red and blue lights of the machine to flash, and the BIOS cannot complete the self-check, so it cannot be turned on. Please contact the after-sales mailbox for repair: service@iacepc.com
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
kacc_123

Post by kacc_123 »

Thanks you!

Return to “Troubleshooting”