USB ports not working

nmfdkend51

USB ports not working

Post by nmfdkend51 »

After a Windows update, my wireless mouse and keyboard are not working. I cannot get into Windows. Is there a fix for this?

Thanks
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: USB ports not working

Post by Gabe »

Wireless as in a USB dongle or Bluetooth?

If the dongle, do the USB ports still work for other things? If so, and your wireless keyboard and mouse are Logitech, it's possible that they need to be re-paired to the dongle.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10 • AK2 Pro
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
barry777

Post by barry777 »

Thank you for contacting us, we are happy to provide support. As we currently have little information, please provide the purchase order number and failure video. Send it to email: barry@minipcunion.com. We look forward to sharing more details with you via email.
kzwerg

Post by kzwerg »

Hallo

auch bei meinem Nipugi GK3pro laufen alle USB Ports nach dem letzten grossen Windowsupdate nicht mehr ..... Ein Video kann nicht gefertigt werden, da die Steuerung des PC ohne Maus und Tastatur gar nicht mehr möglich ist !!!

welche Lösung kann nun vorgenommen werden ? Vielen Dank !
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

kzwerg wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2024 9:08 am Hallo

auch bei meinem Nipugi GK3pro laufen alle USB Ports nach dem letzten grossen Windowsupdate nicht mehr ..... Ein Video kann nicht gefertigt werden, da die Steuerung des PC ohne Maus und Tastatur gar nicht mehr möglich ist !!!

welche Lösung kann nun vorgenommen werden ? Vielen Dank !
From what I can tell, it may have something to do with a Windows Update. See if the info in this post helps.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10 • AK2 Pro
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
kzwerg

Post by kzwerg »

leider hatte ich diese Info nicht bzw. kannte diese auch nicht und habe daher versucht den PC über die Wiederherstellung zurückzusetzen und wieder herzustellen...... nichts geht da keinerlei USB-Anschlüsse eine Funktion aufweisen... was nun ?? wie kann ich den PC retten?
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

kzwerg wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2024 4:41 pm leider hatte ich diese Info nicht bzw. kannte diese auch nicht und habe daher versucht den PC über die Wiederherstellung zurückzusetzen und wieder herzustellen...... nichts geht da keinerlei USB-Anschlüsse eine Funktion aufweisen... was nun ?? wie kann ich den PC retten?
If you have another PC with which to create installation media, you can try reinstalling the system. The USB ports should work for this purpose.

Unfortunately, the installation file currently available for the system is Windows 11 21H2, which is two years old. I'll see if I can get the system updated to one that's more recent. Edit: barry updated the post, so the version now available is Windows 11 23H2. :)

Alternately, you could contact barry, a tech for the company, at barry@minipcunion.com to see if he can help.
OzarkTech

Post by OzarkTech »

I fixed mine by pulling the M.2 SSD from the unit and attaching it to another laptop via USB M.2 dongle and booting to the M.2
I then rolled back the conflicting update, KB5042099 that came out on 09/03/24. Reassemble the M.2 in the unit and everything works now.

To prevent the update from reinstalling I downloaded Microsoft's Show or Hide Updates Tool and ran it. I disabled the KB5042099 update.

Return to “N5105(GK3pro)”